Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Kostas Gourvelos: 12 years pipe designs

For discussion about creating, restoring, modifying, or maintaining tobacco pipes

Kostas Gourvelos: 12 years pipe designs

Postby Deimitori » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 am

Kostas Gourvelos is a fine Greek pipe maker. In the attached video you can watch some of his pipe designs over the last 12 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfB4NSa7ndU

Deimitori

Re: Kostas Gourvelos: 12 years pipe designs

Postby Geo3rge » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:42 am

Some beautiful and very original designs in that video. Lovely to look at and there’s no doubting the skill and imagination involved. Super finishing on the pipes as well. Is this the maker who has a unique filter system with his pipes? I seem to recall seeing a Greek maker (and there are at least a couple) who patented his own system.
Thanks for posting. A delight to see these creations.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby SidStavros » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 am

Geo3rge wrote: Is this the maker who has a unique filter system with his pipes? I seem to recall seeing a Greek maker (and there are at least a couple) who patented his own system.

Yes he is, it's called Aspida [means shield in english] and created based on his knowledge in Engineering. You can find details for this in his site, i use that system in Aromatics and works!
SidStavros

Postby SidStavros » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:41 am

This is another video from the friend of mine, Kostas Gourvelos which creates often pipes based in the Golden Ratio, you can hear him telling the details in english:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNbVV0zTK8Y

I post this video for information purposes only, i am not a middleman propoting anyone, i just want to show you what kind of pipes he creates in Greece based in mathematics and engineering with an "artistic" touch. I hope that you will like it and will gine an inspiration to those who make smoking pipes.
SidStavros

Postby Geo3rge » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:09 am

Many thanks, Sid. Appreciate the link. I will watch the video some point today.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Return to Pipe Making and Maintenance