Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

T&P 2013 POY

Re: Pertinent Information from Original 2013 PoY Thread

Postby SenatorXMG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't know. Personally, I wish it worked out that way. I really, really wanted that pipe!

My thoughts are that he felt he was in a lose-lose situation. Heck, even people signed up for a pipe were not that suportive
Bryan
SenatorXMG

Postby HowlinWolf » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

SenatorXMG wrote:I don't know. Personally, I wish it worked out that way. I really, really wanted that pipe!

My thoughts are that he felt he was in a lose-lose situation. Heck, even people signed up for a pipe were not that suportive

last cross forum post, hopefully

If that's good enough for you, then OK.
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.
HowlinWolf
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby RompinDonkey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:06 pm

SenatorXMG wrote:
No. Not everyone paid. Only those that paid got refunds.

The last time I looked only one had paid (apart from Mike).
Alan

God grant me the Serenity, to buy the bacca that I need;
Courage to refrain from buying bacca that I won't like; and Wisdom to know the difference.
RompinDonkey
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member
Moderator, Plank Owner, and Supporting Member

Postby kats » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Hmmm.. seems to me that Cake is gone. ... and the"POtY" may well be gone with it... right into the potty.
Either way, Mike, or a mod, or... can someone edit the original post on this thread??

I'd like to change "Kats" to "Lorem Ipsum"

The POY for me, always has been, and I hope always will be, about it being the T&P POY... whether it was stamped or not - it carried for me, the pride of membership in the group and the brotherhood that is shared in the group. I treasure my Tinsky T&P POY 2012! It still has that sparkle 8-) . The POY, for me was not ever about a great value from a great maker, an awesome shape, beautiful finish, resale value (why would anyone even consider that? - character issue, I guess), or whatever other motivations that might be out there...

NO OFFENSE MEANT TO LES WOOD in any way.... but at this point, I can't imagine this pipe smoking sweet for me. I want out!
The next guy on the reserve list - It's you're lucky day - maybe?
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:03 pm

ruraldean wrote:
drl wrote:
As an aside, no matter what anyone else thinks of Mike and his attitude, you have absolutely no right to imply that he is a liar or a thief without proof of either. That really upsets me.

It would upset me too. Where has anyone implied Mike a liar or a thief? Because I've looked and can't find anything.

Just to reiterate, here is what I posted.

bob9039 wrote: No one has ever accused you, Mike ,of any inaccuracies, shady dealings, or lying about anything you have posted.

You are the primary contact since Eric absolutely has not engaged Les on any level concerning the POY deal. We do trust you and want you to do it to completion.
Bob
Bob
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm

SenatorXMG wrote:

Particularly, I don't think it was the wisest decision to air the dirty laundry publicly.

I don't remember who demanded transparency but unfortunately they got what you asked for. We're always are upfront and when asked we will reply with the truth.
Bob
Bob

Postby eric » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I suggest everyone cool your jets and read the info in this sub-forum. For those who had been looking for hidden motives, dark conspiracies, a behind the scenes sabotage, the reason it was so difficult to uncover is because it didn't exist. Les is still happy to do the pipe. He had never had an issue with marking the pipes as PoY, etc.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Postby kats » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 pm

eric wrote:I suggest everyone cool your jets...

The POY can be marked :!: :D

Any indication about opening up numbers? (even if it takes longer - Les' health is more important to me than a pipe!)

Maybe we can all calm down, and assume the best, before over-reacting to what we perceive as the worst in another - and come to resolution?

I can produce a birth certificate that says nothing anywhere about lorem ipsum :roll:
George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby SenatorXMG » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 pm

eric wrote:I suggest everyone cool your jets and read the info in this sub-forum. For those who had been looking for hidden motives, dark conspiracies, a behind the scenes sabotage, the reason it was so difficult to uncover is because it didn't exist. Les is still happy to do the pipe. He had never had an issue with marking the pipes as PoY, etc.

I have an email from Les stating while he wasn't against a stamp he thought it might prove costly to have it made in the UK. Les was to get back to Mike on this with more info...which is exactly what Mike had stated. It was still being considered, though.

Eric: I don't know what Les told Mike, or what Mike told Les. I asked for the info and it was refused. All I have now is what Les is telling me and I've shared that with the forum. You and I are finished with the debate. It stops now. You've had your say.

You are welcome to remain here so long as you adhere to the forum rules, and you are welcome to sign up for the pipe so long as you remain a member in good standing.
Bryan
SenatorXMG

Postby eric » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 pm

The only one who was ever crying doom and gloom couldn't back up his assertion and has left the forum and will not be returning. The PoY 2013 is still on, Les is still doing the pipes, and all the info is available right here in the PoY sub-forum.

Those who have been listening to me and don't think I'm a liar trying to screw everyone out of a pipe shouldn't be surprised that the PoY is still a go.

Locking this thread because it has served his purpose, and there are new threads for everything.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pipe of the Year