Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

My email correspondence with Les

My email correspondence with Les

Postby eric » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm

I will update this as more comes in. I didn't ask but Les offered to allow me to just post his emails. He is also experiencing some medical issues and I hope I represent us all when I say I'd much rather he gets all the rest he needs before working on the pipes. Anyway, here is the entirety of my email correspondence with Les:

Eric to Les Sep. 5 2:12PM HST
Hi Les,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. My name is Eric Lauritzen
- I am the owner and administrator of Tamp&Puff forums. My main
purpose for contacting you was to thank you for your willingness to do
our pipe of the year. There are about 26 people who are extremely
pleased and excited to be on the list of those able to purchase your
pipe.

I also wanted to make sure everything feels smooth on your end and let
you know that if you have any questions or difficulties please let me
know. I have been allowing Mike to do all the coordinating, but should
you have a question or problem and can't reach him I wanted to make
sure you could contact me. We want this to go as well for you as
possible.

Also, I did have one question for you. Has there been any new news on
the stamp or having something on the pipe indicating it is our forum's
pipe of the year? I am not sure what Mike worked out with you but he
talked like it could be a problem. I don't want to tamper with what
you two have negotiated, but being there was so much disappointment
among the members over the possibility they wouldn't be stamped the
staff and I decided to let you know we might be willing to take up a
collection among ourselves to cover the extra cost. If it isn't
possible, no problem - those who have signed up already did so knowing
they might not be stamped.

Once again, we are very happy you are doing this and if I can be of
any assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I also use Skype if that is something easier for you, and I check my
email frequently.

Kindest regards,

-Eric

Les to Eric Sep 6th 4:29 AM HST
Hi Eric I am back home now just feel crappy the Op took longer that they thought 2hors 45 mints but there is no problum with the pipes, what wver you want made it wont be a problum I will sort somthink out regarding the stamping that will keep everybody happy, chat later Reg Les

Les to Eric Sep 6th 10:58 AM HST
Hi Eric, There seems to be a lot of chat as to wheather the club pipe order is on or off it nothink to do with me I justmake pipes, assurre your members they want the pipe to go ahead i will as aggereed start on it in the first week of October, the stamp argument in a red herring i will put somthink on the pipe even if i have to engrave it on the stem,

resen for all the delays in answing, i went into hospotel the 28th Aug it was only to be for 3 days but that went out of the window and i came out on Monday 3rd Sept late in the afternoon, feeling like shit, it wont matter who is deleing with the order i only answer email about every two days and most of the email that were send to me was in the time i was in hospotal, i am not a email person i respond in short emails very much to the point of the question i am beeing asked, if you were sitting next to me i would proable boor the pants off you with chat about pipes fishing shooting all the things i love to chat about,

Next year i will have been makeing pipes for 50 years , take the stamp problum we have one stamp maker in England that we all use and he is now in his 70's he want to retaire i did get him to make me a stamp 6 months ago, a stamp from him is about £30-00 if any of us pipe makers were to go eals were we are looking at £130-00 thats why its a problum we are trying to keep the cost down, the pipes will get stamped or engraved its just at this stage wheather i can get him to make me a stamp,

after all the treads that are going back and forwards you can post all or any of this email as you would like all i need is the Number of pipes i will make one to start with and send through a photo and you can adjust from there when you are satified that it is the pipe you would like i will put them through, If i staart on them in the first week of October the will be ready some time before chrismas, that was the oraginal time scale,

Allowing for the fact im feeling like shit after haveing the [medical procedure] i wont be going in the workshop for a least two weeks untill my head clears after the drugs the put into me i have unusualr reaction to so many drugs and they founf one that put me back 4 days got to get that out of my system.

Im ready to chat on FB most nights and we can keep intouch ether there on by email

Funny enough another reasen you will see when you chat to me i cant spell lol it dont bother me you have to read into what i type and it all comes clear lol

Reg Les

Eric to Les Sep 06 12:05 HST
Hi Les,

So good to hear from you and so sorry you are not feeling well. I'm
sure I can speak on everyone's behalf when I say please get well -
take all the rest you need. I am sure everyone will be just thrilled
to know that you are still willing to make our pipes.

I appreciate you offering to allow me to post your emails - that'll
give everyone a lot of reassurance hearing directly from you. My
apologies for any confusion thus far, but you have my word I will do
everything I can to make sure this goes smoothly for you.

I will be in touch. If you could let me know how to find you on FB I'm
happy to use that as well.

But first please do get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself.

Gratefully,

-Eric
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Re: My email correspondence with Les

Postby eric » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Subject: Customization options?

Eric to Les Friday Sep 7 9:05 AM HST

Hi Les,

One quick question when you have time:

My understanding is that you prefer not to have any customization options such as color, stem material, bowl size etc. One pipe, one set of options. Did I understand the right?

Absolutely no problem at all if that's the case. We want this to be easy on you as well. As I said earlier I don't want to re-negotiate anything that was already agreed on.

We hope you are feeling better and wish you a speedy recovery. Please take good care of yourself.

-Eric

Les to Eric Friday Sep 7 9:44 AM HST

Hi Yes please just one option Ferndown Bark Black M/P 10mm silver band Reg Les

Eric to Les Friday Sep 7 10:09 AM HST
Excellent. No problem there.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Postby eric » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm

Subject: Number of pipes?

Eric to Les Friday Sep 7 9:24 AM HST
Les,

Did you set a limit on how many pipes you are willing to make? If so,
what is the limit?

Right now I think we are at around 30 people who would like to buy a pipe.

If Mike told you we needed them all by the holidays, that is not true.

Les to Eric Friday Sep 7 9:54 AM HST
HI there is no problum as to how many you order the more you order the longer it takes this end it started as 16 and has creept up from there, no problum but whether i can get them all made by end of December ?? let me know, and i can start looking for the bowls now chat later Reg Les

Eric to Les Friday Sep 7 10:07 AM HST
Thanks Les, I am sure that no one will mind if it takes longer than December. They do not need to be finished by the holidays.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Eric

Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Postby eric » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm

I just heard from Les. He says he's "back in working order and will sending us the information as soon as possible."
Eric

Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Return to Pipe of the Year