Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Questions and Answers 2013 Pipe of the Year

Re: Questions and Answers 2013 Pipe of the Year

Postby acaciavet » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 pm

RompinDonkey wrote:
acaciavet wrote:
RompinDonkey wrote:I would like to see a small price increase to cover the cost of a pipe for Eric. This could either be done on a voluntary basis, or as a few dollars added to the cost of each pipe.

Dont push the envelope allen. No extra from me old boy from now on I support me.

Eric has declined the offer already. However I believe that the vast majority of members here are very appreciative of Eric for keeping this Forum running (financially and time wise).

You of course can do what you want to do - you usually do anyway.

Sorry old boy.
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby eric » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 am

RompinDonkey wrote:
acaciavet wrote:
RompinDonkey wrote:I would like to see a small price increase to cover the cost of a pipe for Eric. This could either be done on a voluntary basis, or as a few dollars added to the cost of each pipe.

Dont push the envelope allen. No extra from me old boy from now on I support me.

Eric has declined the offer already.

It would have set up a situation where chipping in was mandatory, or at least a condition for having access to the pipe of the year. I wouldn't want for someone who could barely afford buying the pipe for themselves or someone who has other issues with the situation to be put in a difficult situation.

It certainly is not that I don't appreciate the offer.

Some people passed the hat (voluntarily I assumed) last year on the 2012 PoY and I received one as a gift. I can say without reservation that if my house were on fire and I could only grab one pipe, it would be that one. It's a wonderful pipe to begin with, I love the shape, color, finish, and everything about it - but more than all that it was a gift from you guys.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Postby kats » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 am

George
There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can add and those who can't.
kats

Postby KevinM » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:00 pm

I am of the opinion to leave it alone at this point. The price quoted may be reflective of the original choices with changes equalling price increases. Who's to say Les doesn't have surplus to make that many same pipes in that style and size that he is willing to move at a reduced rate.
KevinM
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby 12toneman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:32 pm

are you guys still doing this? been so quiet after the ruckus....
...what helped to bring about that almost impious good-humor of his; that thing must have been his pipe.
12toneman

Postby eric » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Waiting to hear from Les. Last I talked to him he was very much under the weather. As far as I know he still plans to do the project. I will reach out to him this week and see how he's doing and let you all know what I find out.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Postby ruraldean » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 am

I hope I speak for everyone when I say that under the circumstances Les is under no pressure as far as timing is concerned. His health comes first every time.

Speaking only for myself, I'd like to restate that I'm in NO hurry and I'm more than happy to wait it out.
Regards
Paul
http://crimsonleaf.co.uk
http://lefthandedscribblings.co.uk

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe

We nicknamed our granddad Spider Man. Not because he had special powers, but because he couldn't get out of the bath...
ruraldean
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby acaciavet » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm

More time is better for me budget wise. Get well Less

Up Spirits
Chuck
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby sfduke » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 am

Thanks for the update Eric.

Hope Les gets well soon. I too am not in any rush for one...that is assuming I make the cut as a newbie.
Duke
sfduke

Postby eric » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Les says he is back in working order and will be sending us information as soon as possible. I'm not clear on what exactly that means but we'll know more when I hear from him again I'm sure. No doubt he probably has a lot of catching up to do with his pipe making as a whole.
Eric

Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Postby sfduke » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Good to hear Les' recovery went well and back in the workshop.
Duke
sfduke

Questions and Answers 2013 Pipe of the Year

Postby AaronVed » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 am

When you get an error message, you get a blank screen. I hope thats what you mean when you say youve lost the lot
When you get that blank screen, the Menu Options alongh top of the blank screen are still active.
You can start and run any program from the menu.
However, its better to exit the system and restart.

Thus, Exit, then Restart Ideas Genie Pro, Eric.

When you Restart the program go to System Tab> Error Messages and that program will give you details of the error.
Let me know what it says.
Which program were you using?
AaronVed

Previous

Return to Pipe of the Year