Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

The official T&P Tamper of the Year order thread - Oct. 1-31

Discussion for the official Tamp and Puff Tamper or Tamper of the Year

The official T&P Tamper of the Year order thread - Oct. 1-31

Postby BladeBoy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:38 am

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD, Please post here ONLY if you would like to order a 2013 T&P Tamper of the Year tamper(s), orders will be taken for the month of Oct. (1st-31st)

The official T&P Tamper of the Year design:

Cost: $25 shipped in the CONUS, all other locations cost to be determined by destination.

Payment options: cash (U.S. dollars), Cashiers Check, USPS Money Order, Paypal (buyer pays any fees) orders shipped pending cleared/secured funds, please contact me through PM for information on where to send payment.

Materials used: Bolivian Rosewood with a solid brass tamp, buffed & waxed finish.

Approximate dimensions : 3.5 inches long by 5/8" diameter at the widest point with a 3/8" diameter tamping tip.

Stamping: the stamping will be done by hand with steel and hammer and will be in the flat section at the top of the tamper it will read "T&P" over the year "2013" in 5/32" inch tall block letters.

Shipping: The tamper will be shipped in a well padded envelope by USPS First Class Mail with delivery conformation, Insurance can be be provided at an additional expense to the buyer, I will not be held responsible for lost or damaged items.

Project timeline: Oct. 1st-31st, orders will be taken, Nov. 1st-30th, tampers will be fabricated (upon confirmation of cleared/secured payment) and shipped on completion in the order the orders are received no later than Dec. 15th

Please note: these are hand made with no jig so they will not be 100% identical, although I will do my best to keep them as uniform as possible.

By posting in this thread you confirm that you are ordering a tamper or tampers and that you agree to all terms listed above, thank you for your consideration.
BladeBoy

Re: The official T&P Tamper of the Year order thread - Oct.

Postby ragefather » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 am

I hope I'm not the first. Anyway, I am in.
ragefather

Postby Brewcityjedi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:04 am

I'm in too :-)
Brewcityjedi

Postby BladeBoy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:15 am

If I don't get at least the ten orders from the people who voted in the other thread this may not happen.
Last edited by BladeBoy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BladeBoy

Postby ragefather » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 am

I agree and think that's valid. Where are the peeps that were all about this 2 months ago?
ragefather

Postby TxChef77 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm

I wasn't on the previous thread talking about this, but I will put my name down to get 1 now.
~Travis

"I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you." - Anthony Bourdain

Tobacco Cellar
TxChef77
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby BladeBoy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 am

11 days left for orders guys, I need at least 7 more orders to make this worthwhile, please place your orders a.s.a.p., thanks.
BladeBoy

Postby BladeBoy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 am

Well unless we are going to have a last minute rush to buy tampers it looks like this was a flop, I would like to apologize to the few guys who actually wanted a tamper but there were just too few orders to make this feasible. I would also like to thank all the people who voted and didn't follow through, you are very good at blowing smoke so I guess pipe smoking is good practice for you.
BladeBoy

Postby daveinlax » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Could you post a link to the thread where we voted. I don't remember if I did or not. The only thread I recall was asking if there was any interest in a tamper of the year. :ugeek:
Last edited by daveinlax on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
daveinlax

Postby highstump » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 am

BladeBoy wrote:Well unless we are going to have a last minute rush to buy tampers it looks like this was a flop, I would like to apologize to the few guys who actually wanted a tamper but there were just too few orders to make this feasible. I would also like to thank all the people who voted and didn't follow through, you are very good at blowing smoke so I guess pipe smoking is good practice for you.

Interesting turn of phrase all things considered.
Jim

"Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets."
highstump

Postby BladeBoy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:37 am

daveinlax wrote:Could you post a link to the thread where we voted. I don't remember if I did or not. The only thread I recall was asking if there was any interest in a tamper of the year. :ugeek:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6340&hilit=+Tamper+of+the+year
BladeBoy

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:47 am

BladeBoy wrote:I would also like to thank all the people who voted and didn't follow through, you are very good at blowing smoke so I guess pipe smoking is good practice for you.

To follow through to buy? In all fairness, the poll says what would you prefer, 2012 or 2013 stamping.

Second,
eric wrote:I prefer only members who might purchase this vote.

The key words are "might purchase" , not "will purchase".

Now this current thread is to see who will purchase. Blade, I'm sorry it didn't work out but I don't think it's fair to assume those who voted were signing up to purchase.
Bob
Bob
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby BladeBoy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 am

bob9039 wrote:
BladeBoy wrote:I would also like to thank all the people who voted and didn't follow through, you are very good at blowing smoke so I guess pipe smoking is good practice for you.

To follow through to buy? In all fairness, the poll says what would you prefer, 2012 or 2013 stamping.

Second,

The key words are "might purchase" , not "will purchase".

Now this current thread is to see who will purchase. Blade, I'm sorry it didn't work out but I don't think it's fair to assume those who voted were signing up to purchase.

I guess I look at it differently, if you (not you personally) aren't interested in a tamper then what difference would it make what the date was on it, when I read Eric's thread particularly this line,
, I realize that it says "might" be that seemed like a pretty clear signal to me that if you aren't interested don't vote, what other reason would there be to vote, for fun :roll:, no big deal I wasn't going get rich off them.
BladeBoy

Postby 12toneman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:46 pm

sorry it didn't work out, but i think you're being a bit harsh.

i was one of those interested in a T&P tamper (I am an admirer of your work, and as you recall i nominated you as the tamper-maker).

but i didn't sign up for a tamper for the same two reasons as i did not sign up for a POY-- i didn't care for the design that was decided on and it was more than I wanted to spend.

it's nothing personal-- just not my thing.

in addtion, I imagine that the POY debacle turned off people to anything ".... Of the Year" related.
...what helped to bring about that almost impious good-humor of his; that thing must have been his pipe.
12toneman

Return to Tamper of the Year