Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Important Question About The T & P Tamper

Discussion for the official Tamp and Puff Tamper or Tamper of the Year

Important Question About The T & P Tamper

Postby PapaBear » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I put this question in the original thread but just in case it gets lost I started a separate one.

Here it is below:

Serious question here: Not to offend BladeBoy but has it already been decided (set in stone) that he is going to be the tamper choice?

I just literally saw the thread about it now

The reason I ask is that I was in discussions with someone already about this and there was a good chance they were willing to do it. I hadnt brought it up yet because the details (such shape and material options) if they decided to do it were/are still being worked out to present to you guys along with a price and markings etc.

If the choice has already been made then I will need to let them know now so further progress, work, thoughts etc can stop.

Again, this is not to offend or anything of the like but out of fairness and respect to the other carver and their time.

Thanks,

George
George

"We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."

Douglas Adams
PapaBear

Re: Important Question About The T & P Tamper

Postby highstump » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm

I like the look of Blade's work but I'm not against window shopping.
Jim

"Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets."
highstump

Postby eric » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Nothing is finalized. Anyone is welcome to explore opportunities and present them to the forum. No one has passed that phase.

If there is anything I can do to relieve confusion considering there may be multiple people looking into various projects let me know. If I need to sticky some threads or whatever I'm happy to help.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Postby eric » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Created a new sub forum open to everyone for Tamper discussion.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Postby PapaBear » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:25 pm

eric wrote:Created a new sub forum open to everyone for Tamper discussion.

Um... am I the only one who cant see the new Tamper discussion sub forum or do you need 3-D Glasses in which case Im in trouble (I cant see 3-D) :roll: :roll: :? :?
George

"We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."

Douglas Adams
PapaBear

Postby BladeBoy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 pm

If someone else is choosen to make the Tamp & Puff tampers then so be it, that is fine with me, but at the same time I could really use the business, I don't want to sound like a hard luck case but circumstances are what they are and I am unemployed and have been living off of savings for about a year, I didn't really want to make this post :oops: , I don't know if the "other guy" needs the business as badly as I do or not.
BladeBoy

Postby SenatorXMG » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a poll on this. Perhaps have the various tamper makers put forward what they could offer to do for us and then we vote.

And BladeBoy, I'm pulling for ya! :)
Bryan
SenatorXMG

Postby TigerJack » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:14 am

My vote would go for Blade , simply because he is a member.
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 am

SenatorXMG wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a poll on this. Perhaps have the various tamper makers put forward what they could offer to do for us and then we vote.

And BladeBoy, I'm pulling for ya! :)

A poll is the only fair thing to do. Everyone should present their options and let the membership choose. Now if Blade wants to post in self promotion and offer his tampers for sale that's fine. He can do that anytime. But, if this is a T&P forum item then all members should have a say in what we do . It seems to me that there are already other opinions for the tamper. Lets ring them out and decide as a team what we want.

Don't get me wrong, I like Blades tampers but it seems PapaBear has put some personal time into this as well.
Bob
Bob
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby gnossos » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 am

Am I the only one so lazy that he just uses his finger? I already have too much stuff I have to carry around with me!
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby SenatorXMG » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 am

gnossos wrote:Am I the only one so lazy that he just uses his finger? I already have too much stuff I have to carry around with me!

Ha ha! True enough!

On a related note...why use Kleenex when you have a perfectly good finger and sleeves that'll do the job just fine?? :lol:
Bryan
SenatorXMG

Postby SmokinFool » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:08 am

gnossos wrote:Am I the only one so lazy that he just uses his finger? I already have too much stuff I have to carry around with me!

I can relate to the minimalist approach. I went from a Czech tool to a simple pipe nail for the very reason you stated, and I have also been known to use a finger on occasion. However, I like the esthetics of a good tamper. I just haven't pulled the trigger on one as yet. Maybe it's time. I really like the idea of having a tamper made exclusively for the forum.

Edit: I do have some primitive tampers I use on occasion, but they are not of the same caliber as the examples shown in recent posts.
Andy

If guns kill people then forks make people fat and pencils misspell words.
SmokinFool

Postby gnossos » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 am

SenatorXMG wrote:

Ha ha! True enough!

On a related note...why use Kleenex when you have a perfectly good finger and sleeves that'll do the job just fine?? :lol:

lol yeah I guess. I don't get stuff all over my shirt while using my finger, and also Kleenex don't cost much. I wouldn't really buy personalized artisan hipster Kleenex either, though :P

Don't get me wrong, love the idea and was mainly just making a joke. But it gives me an excuse to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P85vZpYF3Yg
gnossos
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby eric » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:45 am

PapaBear wrote:
eric wrote:Created a new sub forum open to everyone for Tamper discussion.

Um... am I the only one who cant see the new Tamper discussion sub forum or do you need 3-D Glasses in which case Im in trouble (I cant see 3-D) :roll: :roll: :? :?

You are posting in it. :D

viewforum.php?f=30

Look for the breadcrumb link at the top of this page.

Board index ‹ General Pipe-smoker's Discussion ‹ General Pipe Smoking Discussion ‹ Tamper of the Year

To find it manually, you go to the General Pipe Smoking Discussion section and its right there at the top. Its a sub forum so doesn't show up on main index page. I guess I could fix it so it does.
Eric

Follow me on Facebook

eric
Site Admin

Postby PapaBear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey Guys,

Important Tamper Update:

I just heard from the other tamper carver that they are unable to do it and that they thank you guys for the chance. :D
George

Douglas Adams
PapaBear

Postby stormwulf133 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 pm

SenatorXMG wrote:

Ha ha! True enough!

You disgust me. You should be ashamed. BTW that is a terrible avatar pic. :P
XIKAR 4 LIFE!
stormwulf133

Postby SenatorXMG » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 pm

stormwulf133 wrote:

And, who are you? You probably like lizzards and snakes and dress up like a pirate for poops and giggles, huh? ;-)
Bryan
SenatorXMG

Postby bearded1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:50 pm

While I definately encourage the tamper project, I honestly never use the ones I have. I have been using a czech tool forever and don't plan on using anything else anytime soon. Now if they made a lighter with a tamper and a poker, I'd be on that...but for now things have to be used for me to get them.

W
-Paul
bearded1

Postby bearded1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:50 pm

While I definately encourage the tamper project, I honestly never use the ones I have. I have been using a czech tool forever and don't plan on using anything else anytime soon. Now if they made a lighter with a tamper and a poker, I'd be on that...but for now things have to be used for me to get them.

With that being said, I am looking forward to seeing what the carver comes up with.
-Paul
bearded1

Postby stormwulf133 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 am

SenatorXMG wrote:
stormwulf133 wrote:

And, who are you? You probably like lizzards and snakes and dress up like a pirate for poops and giggles, huh? ;-)

No sir, I dress up like a pirate for money 7 weekends out of the year. The girlfriend dresses like a pirate for poops and giggles but what we do in the bedroom is our business. :) I didn't even know you were on this forum man.
XIKAR 4 LIFE!
stormwulf133

Next

Return to Tamper of the Year