Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

2012 or 2013 Tamper of the Year?

Discussion for the official Tamp and Puff Tamper or Tamper of the Year

Do you want the forum Tamper of the Year labeled 2013 or 2012?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 am

30%
70%

Total votes : 10

2012 or 2013 Tamper of the Year?

Postby eric » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 am

I prefer only members who might purchase this vote.
Eric

Subscribe to SPT Email Updates and stay up to date on the latest pipe tobacco news, reviews, and discussion from SmokingPipeTobacco.com.
Follow me on Facebook

About my 130lb weight loss four years ago: My NEW book will be out soon!!!
eric
Site Admin

Re: 2012 or 2013 Tamper of the Year?

Postby BladeBoy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:59 am

Here is the design that I am thinking would be all around pleasing and it has a nice flat facet to allow for stamping and it also acts as a dottle tool...
The tamper would have an overall length of approx. 3.5 inches by 5/8" at it's widest point with a tamping tip made of solid brass with an approx. 3/8" diameter to facilitate use in any sized pipe, the wood used for the pictured tamper is Bolivian Rosewood which is a good choice IMO as it is a very dense wood with nice grain and turns and finishes very well, also keep in made these are hand made with no jig so they will not be 100% identical, although I will do my best to keep them as uniform as possible, the stamping would read "T & P 2012" or "2013" which ever is decided. Cost would be $25 each shipped in the CONUS, overseas shipping costs would have to be additional. I am open to input from all members interested, these are just my ideas and nothing is set in stone (except cost). I will leave design options open until the end of September, will take orders for the month of October and then order the needed materials and will have the tampers completed by the end of November.
BladeBoy

Re: 2012 or 2013 Tamper of the Year?

Postby BladeBoy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:17 am

Note to the 10 people who voted I have started a order thread called "The official T&P Pipe Tamper of the Year order thread" your order can be placed there thru Oct. 31st.
BladeBoy

Return to Tamper of the Year