Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Falcon pipe

New to the forum or new to pipe smoking? New members are encouraged to ask questions and begin discussions here.

Falcon pipe

Postby Welshman68 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi as a newbie are falcons with meerschaum lined bowls any good
Thanks
Welshman68

Re: Falcon pipe

Postby Geo3rge » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Yes! I have one Meer lined bowl (I have a dozen Falcon bowls in all) and it has given a no-fuss, dry smoke each time. I noticed a slight aroma from the Meerschaum when first smoking it, but it wore off, so I can only assume that it was an initial reaction to the heat.
On balance, I’d say go for it. I love Falcons anyway, so I may be a touch biased!
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Welshman68 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks will give the falcon a go it gets good reviews
Welshman68

Postby rusty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:27 pm

I also have Falcons including the international and Alco.
They're so easy to maintain and smoke that they are a main part of my pipe smoking.
The great thing to is you can get 2 or 3 bowls more if you like and rotate between them.
For work I have three bowls normally filled with tobacco so when one is fully smoked ill wipe it out with tissue and the humidor where it sits too then pop another full bowl on and I'm ready to go again.
Falcons and Alcos I can highly recommend, and other than being careful to screw and unscrew the bowls as you don't want a cross thread, they're very robust.
rusty

Postby Welshman68 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks rusty I will place my order
Welshman68

Return to New Members