Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

First own-blending result

Discuss or ask questions about pipe tobacco, pipe tobacco storage and aging, blending, etc.

First own-blending result

Postby Geo3rge » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Having bought some blending tobaccos a few months ago, I just haven't had the leisure time to sit down and start experimenting with my own home blending.
An unexpected appointment cancellation yesterday allowed me to go up to the study and break out the tobaccos.
I've produced a simple blend using a golden Virginia, black Cavendish and a little Izmir. The proportions were weighed beforehand on a small digital scale and I've made a note of this in a new notebook.
First smoke of it afterwards made for a very pleasant mixture, slightly sweet and also earthy, with the Turkish giving a little smokiness, but not overpowering.
I've bagged and jarred it and called it, perhaps a little presumptuously, 'Degas' Delight', intending to use a string of artists' names for each separate tweaked blend.
The first step, and I do hope I can take a few more. It will not replace the existing blends I smoke, but it has been fun and I'm already thinking about pressing and storing, but these are way down the line into the future.
Whatever you're smoking today, enjoy it.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: First own-blending result

Postby KevLa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:13 pm

"You've taken your first step into a larger world."
~Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
:ugeek:
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Return to General Pipe Tobacco Discussion