Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Big HU Tobacco order

Discuss or ask questions about pipe tobacco, pipe tobacco storage and aging, blending, etc.

Big HU Tobacco order

Postby steppenwolph » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 am

Well, I have gone and done it. After getting a small windfall from a work bonus, I have gone and spent about $200 on tobacco. I was still feeling a little light-headed from clicking the 'send' button. And somewhat guilty, too. I'll have to be laying off anymore buying for a while. What's the most you guys have ever spent in one go? Is that a polite question? (Only answer if you feel comfortable, or if your significant other is not reading over your shoulder)
On the other hand, I am more than excited about what will be coming in the mail. After getting myself together, I emailed Hans Wiedemann of HU Tobacco fame and have purchased 8 tins of his wonderful blends. I didn't plan on getting that many at once, but, as it turns out, one tin up to eight tins ship for the same price. So I more or less had to order eight tins, otherwise my shipping would have been under-utilized. So there are 4 tins of Director's Cut, 3 tins of Balken Passion, and 1 tin of Nashville Country coming my way. I'm still feeling lightheaded.
This most gentle sensation distinguished by any distant receptors.
steppenwolph

Re: Big HU Tobacco order

Postby KevLa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:24 am

You've chosen well, sir; Hans Wiedemann is a fantastic blender.
I place tobacco orders regularly for that sort of money, stocking up for the future. And I keep no secrets from my girlfriend :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:29 pm

The most I have spent is about £ 300 ,but that was the only time .normally it's about £ 100 .Enjoy your purchase in good health .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby steppenwolph » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:11 pm

I think I am over my buyer's remorse and am now really looking forward to trying these new ( to me ) tobaccos. Especially Director's Cut. Having read so much about it, I'm really intrigued. Hopefully, it will all arrive late in the first week of December or there abouts. Let the waiting begin!
steppenwolph

Postby Geo3rge » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am

Hans produces some wonderful blends. I’ve not ordered any since the European regulations tightened up, but I wonder if I can try again...
Enjoy them. Great stuff.
As to amounts, probably about £100 is the maximum I’ve spent, but if I had the money I’d certainly invest in more to add to the cellar.
Great choice of tobaccos. Well done!
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Nomad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Around £130 a few times, when Germain's SLF was regularly out of stock in most places - when it appeared somewhere, I'd nab 10 tins before it ran out again.
Nomad

Postby steppenwolph » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Hans just emailed me a tracking number for my package! He says it usually takes two weeks for packages he mails to get from Germany to the USA. Can't wait!
steppenwolph

Postby KevLa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeah, the waiting can be hard :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Listener666 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 am

KevLa wrote:You've chosen well, sir; Hans Wiedemann is a fantastic blender.
I place tobacco orders regularly for that sort of money, stocking up for the future. And I keep no secrets from my girlfriend :)

I place tobacco orders regularly for that sort of money, stocking up for the future. And I keep it secret from my wife :oops: :lol:
“No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree.”
― W.C. Fields
Listener666

Postby steppenwolph » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:05 am

My tobacco order from HU is getting closer! According to the tracking, my package is: Fr, 24.11.17 21:36 USA Die Sendung wird zur Verzollung im Zielland vorbereitet. Which according to Google translate means the package is being cleared by customs.
steppenwolph

Postby Listener666 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 am

steppenwolph wrote:My tobacco order from HU is getting closer! According to the tracking, my package is: Fr, 24.11.17 21:36 USA Die Sendung wird zur Verzollung im Zielland vorbereitet. Which according to Google translate means the package is being cleared by customs.

Its always exciting waiting for a baccy order.........i like Director's Cut and Nashville County...lovely baccy......enjoy.
“No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree.”
― W.C. Fields
Listener666

Return to General Pipe Tobacco Discussion