Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Unboxing HU Tobacco

Discuss or ask questions about pipe tobacco, pipe tobacco storage and aging, blending, etc.

Unboxing HU Tobacco

Postby steppenwolph » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:48 am

The glorious day has finally arrived! At last, a humble brown cardboard box has made its way across the Atlantic to land on my doorstep. I live in the USA, and have never directly ordered anything from a retailer outside the country. I thought perhaps others might be interested what happens. After a couple of emails back and forth to Hans to get the order straight, I sent him a payment. Hans was great to deal with. He said I could order directly through him or this other website his tobacco is being sold through. I chose to deal directly with Hans. It seemed like the way to go. This is what I got:
The contents of the box are stated on the outside of the box for Customs. Mine says 'hobby supplies.'

Open the box, and I am greeted with German language newspaper
Hey! They have "Sudoku" in Germany, too!

Under the layer of newspaper, there lies tobacco gold:
The tins are bigger than I thought they would be.

In addition to the expected order, Hans was kind enough to include a package of pipe cleaners,

and a couple of samples. This one is of 'Dockworker.'

But here is the real treasure. The name "Director's Cut" is small and surprisingly hard to read next to the glare of a harsh German warning implying (so I infer) certain death if the contents of the tin are inhaled.

Upon opening the the tin, the glorious tobacco now within my grasp. I revel in the heady tin aroma. Can't you just smell it?

Well, this has been fun, but I have to go have a smoke now! Thanks for stopping by.
This most gentle sensation distinguished by any distant receptors.
steppenwolph

Re: Unboxing HU Tobacco

Postby Geo3rge » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 am

Congratulations on your order. You will love it. Hans is a great blender and very good to deal with. You will experience some lovely smokes with these, I am sure. Just by the look of them, they show skill and knowledge of the craft.
Well, have a great time exploring all your lovely gifts. Let us know how you get on with them.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby Listener666 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 am

Very nice......I'v sort of morphed into a Burley man really but I found Directors Cut to be fantastic.
I see the label has changed since my last tin, but the contents should be the same..............Hans is a great chap......enjoy and tell us how you get on with them.
“No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree.”
― W.C. Fields
Listener666

Postby KevLa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am

Enjoy your first box of HU-Tobacco, Steppenwolph! I doubt it'll be your last :)

P.S. Please remember who might be reading! We don't want to land Hans in hot water ;)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Welshman68 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Looks great ...I'm off to Google now
Welshman68

Return to General Pipe Tobacco Discussion