Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Dunhill 221b Baker Street

Discuss specific pipe tobaccos in detail and post your reviews here.

Dunhill 221b Baker Street

Postby Geo3rge » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:27 pm

I recently tried this Mixture and found it to be quite lovely. A Virginia/Burley blend, it has a rich, deep flavour. There are fruit and alcohol tones throughout, adding to the depth and breadth of taste. A fine musky flavour comes through, lingering on the tongue. Lights well. The Mixture, at least from the sample gained, is a fine cut. I've found this to be a good discovery, one that I had not previously sampled. I will not be surprised to find myself searching for it soon...

However, does anyone know if this blend is now discontinued?
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Re: Dunhill 221b Baker Street

Postby Listener666 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:49 pm

I was just about to try this one .....but was afraid it would be a little to "Virginia forward" for me.....sounds pretty good though.
I think its available from that fine Preston shop :)
“No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree.”
― W.C. Fields
Listener666

Postby Dodger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Just bought a tin and had one smoke and just about to smoke another .
On opening rather than fresh mown hay it was more like last years .It smoked nicely but I doubt if I will buy it again in the near future .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Geo3rge » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 am

Dodger wrote:Just bought a tin and had one smoke and just about to smoke another .
On opening rather than fresh mown hay it was more like last years .It smoked nicely but I doubt if I will buy it again in the near future .
Listener666 wrote:I was just about to try this one .....but was afraid it would be a little to "Virginia forward" for me.....sounds pretty good though.
I think its available from that fine Preston shop :)

Thanks, guys...I rather liked it, I have to be honest. I like Virginias anyway and this was a pleasant surprise to me. I think I would buy it again. It is, I believe, a reboot of the old blend, so perhaps something always gets lost in these events. However, it made an impact and I'm certainly not against it.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Postby KevLa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:48 pm

I haven't tried that one, and from the sounds of it, perhaps I should :) Thanks!
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Return to Pipe Tobacco Reviews