Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Nottingham Pipe Show

Nottingham Pipe Show

Postby Dodger » Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Went to the pipe show organised by Glynn Quelch in Nottingham today and had a good time . A wide range of pipes were there including Northern Briars ,Nordling ,Peterson Rattray's etc .Cannot remember when I saw so many pipe smokers in one place .Only bought three pipes ,two new Chris Leeson pawns (dark and light) small apple sitters and an estate Peterson sandblasted billiard .Sampled a bowl of 30 years old Three Nuns which because it was fairly dry did not impress me .Disappointed that there was no tobacco available due to the law .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Nottingham Pipe Show

Postby acaciavet » Mon May 23, 2016 2:47 pm

They cant have Tobacco at pipe shows?
Once a Coastie always a Coastie
Chuck
acaciavet
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby KevLa » Mon May 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Nice work, Dodger. Glad you enjoyed it :) It is a shame about the tobacco though, I agree.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Geo3rge » Mon May 23, 2016 6:04 pm

After looking forward for several months to going, right at the last moment I couldn't go! It was just impossible to travel a round trip of five hours and spend a few more hours there given the last minute things that came my way here. Never mind. Next year! It seems that it was a great afternoon for all concerned. Hope you enjoy your new pipes, D.
acaciavet wrote:They cant have Tobacco at pipe shows?

Chuck, the bye-laws and UK legislation about selling tobacco are really tight. Any breaking of those local bye-laws at the venue would have resulted in a fine of several thousand pounds aimed at the organisers. I understand no tobacco was allowed to be sold or transacted in any way, so tobacco blenders and retailers were not allowed to advertise or promote their products. Pipes were allowed as they are views as 'accessories', I understand.
It's hoped that next year's venue might yield a more tobacco-friendly place, but we will have to see.
Smoking was allowed, but only in the open air public space.
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevLa » Mon May 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Sorry you couldn't make it, Steve, especially after having looked forward to it. Drop me a line if you're up for a two-man pipe-and-tobacco show at my house, some time soon ;)
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Geo3rge » Wed May 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks, Kev. I'll do that. I've worked through the bulk of the workshops and demonstrations that were booked in for May. Two left for June and one in July. I'll work out some possible dates and send them through for your perusal. Hope all is well with you both and that you are continuing to enjoy your pipes.
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge

Postby KevLa » Sun May 29, 2016 1:56 am

Geo3rge wrote:Thanks, Kev. I'll do that. I've worked through the bulk of the workshops and demonstrations that were booked in for May. Two left for June and one in July. I'll work out some possible dates and send them through for your perusal...

Cool! :)
...Hope all is well with you both and that you are continuing to enjoy your pipes.
Steve

Thanks, mate. And you! :)
KevLa

Return to General Pipe Discussion