Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Altinok Pipes

Re: Altinok Pipes

Postby HowlinWolf » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Gondar wrote:I have an Altinok pipe.
Shipping was some 50USD

:o :o :o :o
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during transmission.
HowlinWolf
Plank Owner
Plank Owner

Postby Bob » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 am

Gondar wrote:I have an Altinok pipe. Very good smoking pipe I find. The deal was swift and communication was great. I wanted it to be less bent than the one in the picture on their website and it came out just as I specified it.
Shipping was some 50USD, but it arrived at noon the day after it was shipped from Istanbul. I'd buy from hin again if I was on the market for another meer.

I really like your pipe. Nice. I'll bet that's fun to smoke.
Bob
Bob
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby JariT » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:36 am

Not to bash Altinok in any way or form, but I'd like to point out that the pipe photographed on the site is not necessarily the same one you are going to get. Apparently they don't shoot every pipe. Or perhaps mr. Altinok has one made when an order comes in. I don't know.

A friend who, like me, is a stickler for shape and form, received quite a different looking pipe than pictured. I agreed. He returned the pipe (no problems there) and received another one that was much more similar to the photo. Still not quite the same, but he was satisfied with it. It does seem to be to be one of his favourite smokers now.

Again not a bash, just a suggestion to ask questions before you buy.

Jari
JariT

Postby Taspiper » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks Jari, I gathered this as somewhere on the site it says that the pipes are made to order and may not be in stock. As they are all hand made I guess the photo is just a representation but I would expect any ordered pipe to be as close to the sample as possible. If I order one I may stipulate this in the order and or add any changes that I think warranted in the final shape.
I have just purchased a Pete block meer and a Dunhill so my TAD is sated for the moment.
Cheers Rolf

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." -Albert Einstein

http://www.acmeengineering.com.au
http://www.rolfhey.com
http://www.piquredabeille.com
Rolfhey@acmeengineering.com.au
Taspiper

Postby northbrad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I have been ripped off terribly by this seller.
The pipe he sent me had nothing to do with the one I ordered. :evil:
I would still accept it but damn the shank was full of scratches.

He was an angel before the purchase he turned into a devil after I pulled the trigger.
He sent me one very abusive email telling me he had not promised me the one in the photo..That guy is totaly crazy!!!
Although I tried to reach him so many times after that he never responded.

Well its actually my mistake ..I did not do my homework and did not google "altinok pipes" before pulling the trigger.
:cry:
northbrad

Previous

Return to General Pipe Discussion