Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Ardor

Proud new owner of a pipe? See something noteworthy on Ebay? Post about it here.

Re: Ardor

Postby KevinP » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:47 am

Box opening of my second Ardor. Aesthetically, I like this one even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9f8ffM ... e=youtu.be
KevinP

Postby KevLa » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:39 am

Glad you're happy with her :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Geo3rge » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 am

Good video, Kevin and I do like the bamboo attached to the stem. The blue is a colour I may not be familiar with personally but that's personal! Hope it gives you some great smokes. Are you a particular collector of Ardor pipes? Very nice array of tobaccos on your shelves, too. Happy smoking, sir...
S
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby TigerJack » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:09 pm

KevinP wrote:Well the quest for the right tobacco for this huge pipe continues. I love the pipe too much to relegate it to out-of-rotation, but the tobaccos I usually smoke don't work well in it.

I tend to be a slow smoker, so the very large size is an issue. I could easily get 2.5 hours out of this pipe. Ribbons take too long. Flakes take longer. I've tried cutting them up with scissors so the pieces are very small, but it's still a long smoke (and a lot of cutting). Cube cut seems to work okay, but the trouble is: while I don't have anything against cube cut, there just aren't any cube cut blends that I'm excited about.

What has seemed to work best is crumble cake since, unlike flakes/ropes/coins/plugs/etc, it's not a hassle to get small pieces. As with cube cuts, there are no crumble cakes in my main tobacco rotation, but at least there are some I enjoy, and I plan to actively search for more.

That would make a great OTC Burley pipe , say Carter Hall Or Prince Albert or any of many out there, but mainly a Burley blend .
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Postby KevinP » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Geo3rge wrote:Good video, Kevin and I do like the bamboo attached to the stem. The blue is a colour I may not be familiar with personally but that's personal! Hope it gives you some great smokes. Are you a particular collector of Ardor pipes? Very nice array of tobaccos on your shelves, too. Happy smoking, sir...
S

Yeah, I would like it even more with a plain black stem. The neon-ness of the blue clashes a bit with both the bamboo and the carvings on the bowl. But like I said in the video, it's not a deal breaker.
KevinP

Postby ratatosk » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:15 am

KevinP wrote:
Geo3rge wrote:Good video, Kevin and I do like the bamboo attached to the stem. The blue is a colour I may not be familiar with personally but that's personal! Hope it gives you some great smokes. Are you a particular collector of Ardor pipes? Very nice array of tobaccos on your shelves, too. Happy smoking, sir...
S

Yeah, I would like it even more with a plain black stem. The neon-ness of the blue clashes a bit with both the bamboo and the carvings on the bowl. But like I said in the video, it's not a deal breaker.

Very nice pipe and, personally, I would be ok with the blue just because it provides something different. A lot of the Italian makers seem to be fond of stuff like that, some of the English will go with a white/cream stem as well. All good in my opinion, not every pipe has to have black to be taken seriously.

Enjoy the pipe, it's well made and I am sure it will smoke great.
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Aquisitions and Finds