Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

Viprati apple/rhodesian

Proud new owner of a pipe? See something noteworthy on Ebay? Post about it here.

Viprati apple/rhodesian

Postby KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:57 am

Saw this before but exercised some uncharacteristic restraint. Then smokingpipes.com had another 15%-off-estates sale and I bit the apple.

Looks a little smaller than I like but not deal-breaker so. I'm also a really bad judge of size and tend to always be surprised when I open the box.

Product description from the page:
Though rather Apple-esque of profile, this Viprati offering wears a distinct beadline about the equator of its bowl, leading the eye to a slightly beveled rim, and placing the shape well within the realm of Rhodesian. With a warm sandblast paired to a colorful acrylic mount and cumberland-colored acrylic stem, the composition is both warm and playful. The best part: it's unsmoked.
KevinP

Re: Viprati apple/rhodesian

Postby ratatosk » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:35 am

Nice looking pipe, Kevin, and I hope it meets your expectations. The great thing about smokingpipes is that they hire real copywriters who can make their goods seem magical, I enjoy reading the descriptions. :D
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby Geo3rge » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:48 am

That's a clean, sweet looking pipe, Kevin. I like the bowl shape very much indeed.
Hope it gives many lovely smokes for you.
Re size, I'm the same. A couple I've received were much smaller than I thought they'd be. Must pay more attention to the seller's description!
Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:38 pm

ratatosk wrote:Nice looking pipe, Kevin, and I hope it meets your expectations. The great thing about smokingpipes is that they hire real copywriters who can make their goods seem magical, I enjoy reading the descriptions. :D

Didn't realize they were professionals, but I certainly knew they were good.

Geo3rge wrote:Re size, I'm the same. A couple I've received were much smaller than I thought they'd be. Must pay more attention to the seller's description!
Steve

Glad it's not just me. I've occasionally been surprised in the other direction too, but usually it's 'Oh, that's smaller than I pictured.'
KevinP

Postby TigerJack » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 am

Hi Kevin, Very nice Rhodesian , enjoy sir. G'Day
"If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It"
Clint
TigerJack

Return to Aquisitions and Finds