Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

BULL ROAB from charity shop

Proud new owner of a pipe? See something noteworthy on Ebay? Post about it here.

BULL ROAB from charity shop

Postby Roabman1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi all. I bought a ROAB (Royal Order of Antediluvian Bull) meerschaum pipe for £8.99 yesterday.

I've cleaned it with pipe cleaners, scraped it with a knife and used white spirit.

There's still a bit of a smell of the white spirit, hopefully that'll go in time.

There's a metal thing round the shank with the letters E.P with a diamond shape
round it. also some other letters under that which i can't make out. can anyone tell me how old it may be? I'll upload photos soon.

I haven't bought any baccy yet. will in a couple of weeks or so.

I am kicking myself as i had a big clear out a couple of years ago and threw out a rustic churchwarden and another one with a hexagonal bowl.

Can't wait to have a go on the pipe!

great site and forum i've read with interest.

Thanks
Roabman1

Re: BULL ROAB from charity shop

Postby KevLa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Are you sure it's not a clay pipe? I have a R.O.A.B. clay, myself. I thought it was The Royal Order of Antediluvian Buffaloes..? As for E.P., I believe it stands for electro-plated, probably with silver. I've no idea of age, I'm afraid.
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Roabman1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello, I suppose it could be clay. It's brown. I googled it and saw pics of the same pipe which were appently meerschaum.Thanks for the info.
Roabman1

Postby KevLa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 am

Sounds like she could be meerschaum, then :) It colours more readily than clay. Is the stem the same material as the bowl?
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Dodger » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 pm

I doubt it is meerschaum ,ROAB pipes were made from clay for members,still if it is in good condition it is worth having in a collection .
Dodger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Aquisitions and Finds