Tamp&Puff member-recommended eBay sellers →  bobus  •  great estate-pipes  •  Judd  •  irishlefty  •  knobby  •  pipestud  •  shiny pipes  •  secondhandsmoker

New falcon

Proud new owner of a pipe? See something noteworthy on Ebay? Post about it here.

New falcon

Postby bazaarofsmokey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Straight falcon extra stem with falcon bulldog hunter bowl.
Thank you very much perfect for my amphora full aroma.
Found ithe smokes excellent with the old alco and beat up bulldog bowl so I thought why not pimp it up and aquire the falcon version, but a little more posh and a little more anodised.

Hopefully the break in smoke will be Saturday after work.
bazaarofsmokey

Re: New falcon

Postby KevLa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Enjoy! :)
Kev-La :ugeek:__,~
"One being's junk is another's art." Motto of Pipes (Autobot warrior, from Transformers: Generation 1).
KevLa

Postby Geo3rge » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 am

I do like Falcons, though some don't! They've been a part of my collection since beginning the pipe many years ago and I find them very attractive (again, some don't!). I think I had an Alco as a teenager when first trying the pipe, so that distant memory has certainly been jogged by your post.
Enjoy smoking it. Lots of happy memories from my youth seeing folk smoking a Falcon in my home town, when pipe smoking was a much more visible entity than it is nowadays.

Steve
Moi, fumer une pipe, naturellement...
Geo3rge
Moderator & Supporting Member
Moderator & Supporting Member

Postby bazaarofsmokey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:20 pm

I really enjoy my falcons sure I have some traditional briars, but to me my falcons and lone alco always come up trumps
bazaarofsmokey

Postby ratatosk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 pm

The Falcon is a wonderful thing, I've got three and a small assortment of bowls. There were quality problems with bowls a few years ago, but the last that I bought were really nice.

Briars, etc., are worth buying, but there is no reason why you could not enjoy pipe smoking just as much if all you had was a fist full of Falcons and cobs I think.
Richard
-----------
If even I don't know how many pipes I own, how the hell would you know if I have too many?
ratatosk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Postby bazaarofsmokey » Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 am

I think I have three traditional briars, and ten falcons including the alco, including 4 extra bowls, they are the ones that get the most hammer.
The traditional briars get used when I fancy a larger bowl of either condor or amphora.
bazaarofsmokey

Return to Aquisitions and Finds